My log-in information is not working?

Please be sure to follow the log-in steps correctly, and create a new password. If after several attempts you cannot sign in, please contact the HR Service Center (1-800-543-4654) for assistance.

What plans am I currently enrolled in?

Follow the below steps to view the plans you are currently enrolled in:

  1. Go to the FirstEnergy Today portal.
  2. Click Workspaces.
  3. Under Employee Center, click Benefits.
  4. Under Quick Links, click Benefits Elections in the third column.
  5. At the bottom, click Print Confirmation Form: All Plans.

Are my dependents covered?

  • You must log into Open Enrollment Tool (available from Oct 15-31)
  • On the left hand side Select Personal and Dependent Information – at the top of the page you will see your name and address – Scroll to the bottom of the page to see your list of eligible dependents, your dependents are covered on the plans that shows a checkmark in the plan box next to their name.
  • Please be sure to click Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.

How do I add family members to my FirstEnergy benefits?

If you need to add a family member or domestic partner to your FirstEnergy benefits, that is not already listed, email the HR Service Center at or call 1-800-543-4654 (internally 811-4357 - option 2).  You cannot add family members to benefit plans through the Open Enrollment tool because proof of eligibility is required.

What are my plan options?

View the Open Enrollment page (accessible via the red Open Enrollment box on this website anytime during the Open Enrollment period) to help understand your benefit options and make informed decisions.  

How is the annual HSA maximum calculated? 

Any contributions (whether employee or employer) count toward your annual HSA contribution maximum.  The $500/$1,000 employer health care contribution accumulates into this maximum.  If you elect HSA as your HealthyLiving reward option, that accumulates into this maximum - in addition to any employee contributions. 

The employer health care contribution ($500/$1,000) is already factored into the OE tool.  For example, I’m eligible for the employer contribution and I add myself/my kids to medical, FirstEnergy will deposit $1000 in my HSA in the 1st quarter of 2019.  The enrollment tool knows I’m eligible for this and will take my max and reduce it by the $1000 (based on what I elect as my medical plan and tier).  So the employer contribution is factored into what an employee can elect in the enrollment tool.

The payroll system recognizes when an employee has reached that maximum and will stop taking employee contributions from pay when an employee hits that HSA maximum. 

You will need to factor in any employee contributions that are directly deposited through HealthEquity because those amounts are not going through the payroll system.

Not all union employees are eligible for the employer contribution.  Refer to your collective bargaining agreement to determine eligibility.

If I am at least age 55 (or older) and want to contribute the $1000 HSA catch up contribution, how do I do that?

If you are electing to contribute HSA catch up contributions during open enrollment, you must enter the maximum HSA contribution in order to elect the catch up HSA contribution in the open enrollment tool.

I purchased additional time off through the PTO purchase program (for NonBargaining employees and Local 777S members only). How do I get reimbursed if I am not able to use all of the PTO I purchased?

If you purchased additional time off through the PTO Purchase Program and you will not be able to use it, you will have the opportunity to sell back those unused Purchased PTO hours.  A communication will be sent to you in December with instructions to employees with remaining Purchased PTO hours.  Those employees will be required to submit a form to request their Purchased PTO to be refunded at year end. Employees will receive their refund in December.