This page contains additional Anthem programs that are available to you and the family members that are enrolled in your Anthem plan – at no cost!
ANTHEM HEALTH GUIDE
Imagine making just one phone call and talking with one person when you have a question about your benefits coverage or your health. What if that person also had your health history and could make suggestions about how to get the care you need?
That’s the idea behind Anthem’s Health Guides – a new, enhanced customer service team at Anthem trained on general aspects of FirstEnergy’s health and wellness benefits, providers and programs. Employees enrolled in Anthem health plans have access to Anthem’s Health Guides to help them and their covered family members:
- Connect with programs and support covered by their benefits – such as medical and prescription drug coverage, the Healthy Living Program, and the Life Resources EAP Program
- Stay on top of exams, tests or preventive screenings by reminding them to make appointments or helping them to make appointments
- Compare costs on health care services, find in-network doctors and much more
Anthem’s Health Guides also will connect employees and their covered dependents to personal health consultants – nurses who can recommend next steps in dealing with health problems. They can help individuals:
- Make plans to meet goals, such as losing weight, eating better or quitting tobacco
- Get advice from specialized medical professionals like dietitians or pharmacists
- Arrange care if surgery or a procedure is needed
- Understand what to expect if hospitalized and how to follow a doctor’s plan of care afterwards
- Handle a serious or complex condition and get the help needed
- Recommend other no-cost programs that can help along the way
Anthem’s personal health consultants also may reach out directly to employees and dependents covered by FirstEnergy plans if they see a need and can assist, such as help with asthma, diabetes, heart conditions.
Watch this video to learn more about Anthem Health Guide.
- You have access to a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at no cost!
- Another free resource to help you and your family.
- Call 1-800-700-9184 to speak with a nurse at any time.
- You may want to put this phone number in your cell phone for emergencies.
LIVE HEALTH ONLINE
- An alternative to a doctor's visit through your LiveHealth Online mobile app or LiveHealth website.
- $59 per visit (which accumulates to your deductible and out-of-pocket maximum)
- Available 24/7
- Visit www.livehealthonline.com for more information
CARE & COST FINDER
Care & Cost Finder is a program that helps you become a better consumer of healthcare – at no cost! This is a cost and quality comparison tool that is available for more than 400 different medical procedures. Conveniently available on www.anthem.com and on the Anthem mobile app. Learn more about Care & Cost Finder.
CANCER CONCIERGE CARE PROGRAM
Being diagnosed with cancer can be overwhelming. It may be difficult to know what the next step is or to decide on a treatment plan. To support employees and their families, the Cancer Concierge Care program is available for FirstEnergy Anthem members. This unique program is a high-touch oncology service tailored to a member’s specific situation, whether newly diagnosed or receiving treatment.
This voluntary program provides support and resources designed to help navigate the complexity of a cancer diagnosis so you can focus on what matters most: your health and recovery.
Highlights of Anthem’s Concierge Cancer Care program include:
- Guidance through a virtual second opinion at no cost
- Innovation including optional 24/7 remote monitoring technology via telehealth
- Partnership with Centers of Excellence facilities in the U.S. When utilizing a facility, concierge-style service including family support and travel and lodging for patient/caregiver is available
Want to know more about Concierge Cancer Care?
Check out this flier for more details on what’s included in the program and how to get started.
You can also ask questions by starting a chat using the Sydney mobile app or by calling Anthem at 1-866-236-4365.
Anthem may contact you if you have an opportunity to save money on certain high-cost imaging procedures such as CT scans, MRIs, endoscopies, colonoscopies or arthroscopic surgeries. Call 1-888-953-6703 for more information.
More and more people are being referred for sleep studies. The best place for your sleep study could be in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Home sleep studies can better reflect your normal sleep patterns while you are in your own bed instead of a facility you are not used to. Home sleep studies cost much less than studies in a sleep lab, clinic or hospital. For example, a $200-$350 sleep study at home could cost $1,000-$2,000 in a lab, clinic or hospital. Higher prices could lead to higher costs out of your pocket. Physicians should contact Anthem before any tests are done or supplies are shipped to determine what is the best option for you. Contact Anthem for program details at 1-888-953-6703.
Our pregnant moms have access to nurse coaches and educational materials 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at no cost! Call 1-800-828-5891 for more information. Watch this video to learn more about the Future Moms Program.
AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER PROGRAM
When your child falls somewhere on the autism spectrum, you can reach out to Anthem to help create a strong care system including community resources, family support, coordinated care and a clinical review. Click here for more information or call the program team at 1-844-269-0538.
Anthem members have access to discounts through Anthem. Call 1-866-236-4365 or visit www.anthem.com for more information.