Why is FirstEnergy offering the Healthy Living wellness program?
FirstEnergy is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and their families by providing a competitive total rewards package. The purpose of the Healthy Living program, administered by Provant, is to develop a culture where employees are encouraged and rewarded for improving or maintaining positive total well-being: physical, emotional and financial wellness.
The Healthy Living program can assist with early detection of personal health risks/prevention, improve employee productivity, reduce future healthcare expenses and incentivize for living a healthy lifestyle. Tools and resources are available to support a healthy lifestyle, financial incentives to save money, and support and guidance to assist every step of the way.
What are the benefits of the Healthy Living program?
The benefits to employees include, but are not limited to:
- Onsite health screenings at no cost to help you better understand your overall current health
- Easy access to valuable health information and personal support to help you make changes that can positively influence your health
- Improved health and well-being
- Incentive for participation with the potential to earn up to a $600 Healthy Living incentive
Who is eligible to participate in this program?
All full-time, part-time and temporary FirstEnergy employees are eligible for the program regardless of whether you elect a FirstEnergy medical plan. Spouses and domestic partners who are enrolled in a FirstEnergy medical plan are eligible to participate in the program as well.
Do I have to participate in the Healthy Living program?
No, participation is voluntary.
Will my results affect my insurance rates or eligibility?
No, your results will not affect your insurance rates or eligibility.
How are employee and spouse/domestic partner privacy and confidentiality protected?
To ensure employee/spouse privacy and confidentiality, Provant and FirstEnergy adhere to all privacy and confidentiality regulations and standards. All individual results from the program are strictly confidential.
What should employees do if they forget their password for the Healthy Living website?
Employees should use the ‘Forgot Password’ link on the Healthy Living website to retrieve their login credentials. They can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-883-0367.
What type of tools and resources can I use on the Healthy Living website?
Some of the tools include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health Risk Assessment. The health risk assessment provides an overall picture of your current health. You will be prompted to answer a series of questions pertaining to your health, diet, fitness and lifestyle. This survey will help you track your current health, identify any health-related risk factors and create a baseline report from which to measure your improvement and success.
- Challenge Registration/Logging. The Healthy Living program hosts two challenges a year. Log onto the Healthy Living website to register for a challenge and log your progress, such as steps, exercise, or food.
- Tracker for Daily Food Intake. Tracking your daily food intake is an essential skill of a healthy lifestyle. The Food Log will not only help you accurately track your meals, but also will analyze your daily nutrition and eliminate the guesswork from your diet.
- Meal Planner. The Meal Planner creates a customized shopping list based on your health risks and generates a downloadable list that can be taken to the market.
- Physical Activity Logs. Becoming physically active is one of the most important changes needed in order to transform your lifestyle. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned athlete, using the Strength Training Log, Cardio Log and Pedometer Tracker to plan and track your progress will help you reach your fitness goals.
- Exercise Planner. The Exercise Planner provides numerous exercise plans grouped by workout level, equipment available and session type. Select the plan that fits your physical activity and goals.
- Wellness Workshops. The Wellness Workshops are week-by-week, guided programs designed to provide you with the means to establish and maintain healthy habits.
- Talk to a Dietitian and/or Trainer. A registered dietitian and an expert in physical fitness are available for discussion on nutrition, diet concerns exercise and physical activity.
Is there a mobile app available for the program?
Yes. Download the new myProvant App at the Apple AppStore or the Android GooglePlay store. The free app provides access to key features any time you use your smartphone. The app allows employees to:
- Track weight
- Enter exercise minutes
- Log food and count calories
Log into the Healthy Living website then follow the instructions under the “Get the App!” sliding image.
Where can I find more information about the Healthy Living program?
Additional information is available on the Healthy Living section of www.MyFirstRewards.com, on the Healthy Living website or by calling Provant at 1-855-883-0367.
Healthy Living Incentive
My spouse and I both work for FirstEnergy. I am on my spouse’s family plan. Will I receive the credit?
Yes. All FirstEnergy employees can participate in the program and are eligible to earn an incentive. In this scenario, you are both eligible for the $600 employee incentive, but not eligible for the $200 spouse incentive.
How do I know what incentive I will earn?
All activities and results have a point value assigned. When meeting the result criteria or completing an activity, the points attributed to the specific criteria/activity will be awarded. There are 3 levels of points and 3 levels of incentives. The Health Risk Assessment and Biometric Screening both have to be completed for an employee to earn any incentive. The below chart provides the points levels and incentive tiers.
|Incentives will be paid in January 2018.|
BOLT Award + $600
What is the BOLT Award?
Employees who earn 900 or more points will receive a special “Best of Living Today” (BOLT) Award. BOLT Award recipients will be entered in a random drawing for one of six $500 Visa gift cards.
What are the 2017 criteria that qualify employees for the 2018 Healthy Living Incentive?
Click here for the criteria list.
What are the 2017 criteria that qualify spouses for the 2018 Healthy Living Incentive?
Spouses/domestic partners who are not employed by FirstEnergy but enrolled in a FirstEnergy medical plan will earn $200 if they complete both a biometric screening and the health risk assessment.
|Spouse/Domestic Partner Criteria|
Complete via onsite, retail screening, physician, or lab. Automatic points awarded within 15 business days of completed Healthy Living Physician form submission or onsite/retail/lab screening.
Health Risk Assessment
Must complete on the Healthy Living website. Automatic points awarded within 24 hours of completed assessment.
How were the result-based criteria set?
The result-based criteria were set based on the nationally recommended guidelines for reaching optimal health.
Why do I need to complete the health risk assessment and biometric screening each year?
The health risk assessment, coupled with the biometric screening, allows employees to recognize differences in perceived health versus actual health and track progress over time. Provant health coaches also use this information to help employees improve and maintain good health.
I had a thorough annual wellness exam earlier this year. Will that count toward the program?
Yes, if you had an annual wellness exam with blood draw performed by your healthcare provider since Nov. 12, 2016, it can count toward the incentive. Your healthcare provider will need to complete and submit the appropriate sections of the Healthy Living Physician form by Nov. 10, 2017. The form can be found at www.anthem.com/preventive-care/.
What if I meet one of the results-based criteria in the spring at my doctor, but don’t meet the criteria in the fall at the onsite health fair?
If you earn points for results-based criteria at any point throughout the year, the points will not be taken away.
How do I obtain the Healthy Living Physician form?
The form is available at www.anthem.com/preventive-care/. The form is pre-populated with participant’s demographic information (name, date of birth, etc.) which will reduce the amount of time it takes for points to get loaded to the Healthy Living website. Blank forms are not available to print but if you do not have access to a computer or printer, contact Provant and they will mail you a form.
Will there be a fee to have my healthcare provider complete the form?
Historically, Provant has rarely seen healthcare providers charge fees for completing the one- page Healthy Living Physician form. However, employees will be responsible for any fee incurred.
Do I submit the Healthy Living Physician form or does my healthcare provider?
Your healthcare provider must mail or fax the completed form to Provant by Nov. 10, 2017. Provant’s address and fax number are provided on the form.
Is there an appeals process in place?
Employees have the right to an appeals process. Alternative standards and waiver opportunities may apply for all similarly situated members. If you feel that it is unreasonably difficult to meet the program criteria to earn your incentive due to a medical condition, or you would like to appeal your results due to a specific issue that prevents you from being able to meet the criteria as outlined, please call Provant at 1-855-883-0367 to initiate an appeal. Provant proactively will work with you and your physician to certify the issue and, if applicable, develop another way for you to qualify for the incentive.
In the event an employee is on any leave for the last two (2) months of the program, he/she will be allowed an extension to complete activities toward their Healthy Living Incentive. The employee must complete the Provant Health Risk Assessment, a Healthy Living Physician Form with biometric information, and any additional activities within 6 weeks of returning to work. If the employee has completed enough activities within the timeframe, he/she will be awarded the appropriate points and incentives.
Health Risk Assessment
What is a health risk assessment?
A health risk assessment is an online questionnaire that is one of the most widely used health screening tools in the field of health promotion and is often the first step in multi-component health promotion programming.
What are the main objectives for a health risk assessment?
- Assess individual and population health status
- Estimate the level of individual and population health risk
- Provide information to participants to motivate behavior change to reduce health risks
What does the assessment measure?
- Demographic characteristics – age, gender
- Lifestyle – exercise, smoking, alcohol intake, diet
- Personal medical history
- Physiological data – weight, height, blood pressure, cholesterol
- Attitudes and willingness to change behavior in order to improve health
What is the benefit of a health risk assessment?
- Provides employees with a snapshot of their current health status
- Enables individuals to monitor their health status over time
- Provides employees with concrete information, thus preparing them for lifestyle change
- Helps individuals get involved with health coaching
- Provides important information concerning employees' readiness to change
- Helps employers measure and monitor population health status
How do I access the health risk assessment?
The assessment can be found in the Learn section on the Healthy Living website.
How long does it take to receive results?
You will receive immediate results, a wellness score, your “health age,” and access to a tailored wellness plan. It will take 24 hours after you complete and click on “submit” before your 75 points will appear on the incentive page of the Healthy Living website.
What do I do after I complete the health risk assessment?
Upon completion of your health risk assessment, a confirmation screen will appear, stating your HRA is being scored. Once you receive your score, you can print as a completion receipt if you wish.
Do I have to complete the health risk assessment again if I completed it in 2016?
Yes, annual completion of the Provant health risk assessment is a requirement of the program each year.
How long does the assessment take to complete online?
The assessment takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Onsite Health Fairs
What will be measured at the onsite health fair?
The screenings will consist of a fasting finger stick to measure total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL), low-density lipoprotein (LDL), triglycerides, cardiac risk ratio (TC/HDL), and glucose. Body composition (body mass index, body fat percentage and waist circumference) and blood pressure also will be measured.
How accurate and reliable is a finger stick screening?
A finger stick blood screening is 98 percent accurate as compared to a sample of blood that is drawn from an individual’s vein. Provant submits to internal quality checks and has proven the reliability and accuracy with external reference laboratories.
Do I need to fast for the screening?
Yes, the screening requires you to fast. The values being screened are influenced by food consumption and have fasting guidelines associated with them. Please fast for 10-12 hours prior to your screening. You can drink water during this time and are encouraged to do so. Prescribed medications should be taken normally.
How long will the screening take?
The screening will take approximately 30 minutes per participant.
What will I receive at the onsite health fair?
You will receive your personal screening values as well as the normative (optimal) values for each screening. A Provant health coach will confidentially review your individual screening results and will provide lifestyle and behavior change coaching.
When will onsite screenings be offered?
Onsite screenings will be offered in the fall (September-October) this year.
When will the locations of the onsite health fairs be announced?
The list of onsite health screenings and flu shot clinics will be announced in August.
Do I need to register for an appointment at the health fair?
Yes, it is important to register at least two weeks prior to the health screening you would like to attend. If you do not register for the screening, there is no guarantee that you will be seen the day of the event. A master list of all screening dates and times will be available in August. Please see this list or your local Wellness Champion for information on how to register for a specific event.
Are employees allowed to attend onsite health fairs during company time?
Yes; however, please work with your manager to determine the best time for you to attend.
What should I do if I am unable to attend an onsite health fair or one is not held at my location?
If you are unable to attend an onsite health fair, you can receive a health screening at a local lab, retail pharmacy, or with your own healthcare provider. The Provant lab screening program allows you to receive a lab voucher requisition form with physician order for lab work at any LabCorp location nationwide. You will need to complete an informed consent. Once the informed consent and the lab results have been received by Provant, you will receive a personal health report with information about each of the screenings performed. The Provant retail screening program allows you to receive a voucher for a screening at CVS Minute Clinic. There will be no need to take a form; each location will send your results to Provant on your behalf.
How do I obtain a lab voucher kit, retail voucher, or Healthy Living Physician form?
Retail and lab vouchers and forms can only be obtained online at the Healthy Living website in the My Resources section on the homepage. If you need assistance, call Provant at 1-855-883-0367 and they will be able to help walk you through the system.
Who is eligible to receive a flu vaccine?
The seasonal influenza vaccine will be available to all FirstEnergy employees at no cost this fall.
Can I receive a flu vaccine if I am pregnant?
Rather than go to one of Provant’s onsite clinics, please work with your personal healthcare provider for a flu vaccine if you are pregnant.
What should I do if I am unable to attend an onsite flu vaccine clinic or one is not held at my location?
If you are unable to attend an onsite flu vaccine clinic, you may request a flu voucher beginning in Sept at the Healthy Living website in the My Resources section or by calling Provant. The flu voucher allows you to receive a seasonal influenza vaccine at a variety of locations nationwide, including CVS. The voucher will be emailed to you within 5 days after you request it. Once you receive your voucher, take it to one of the participating retail pharmacies to receive your vaccine at no cost.
What is a wellness champion?
A wellness champion is an employee who is committed to creating a workplace culture of health and wellness. The wellness champion shares wellness-related information with coworkers and helps them connect with wellness resources.
What does a wellness champion do?
- Volunteer to assist in the implementation and coordination of wellness activities at his or her location or within his or her region
- Collect comments and ideas from coworkers to share with the Healthy Living team
- Promote wellness programs: distribute materials, support internal programs and use word-of-mouth to increase participation
- Participate in wellness activities and inspire others to adopt healthier lifestyles
- Encourage healthier habits among company employees to minimize population health risks
What are the benefits of being a wellness champion?
- Improved personal health and satisfaction for helping others achieve their goals
- Recognition from management and coworkers for their contributions and positive impact on the company’s well-being culture
Where do we need wellness champions?
A list of current wellness champions, along with sites still looking for wellness champions, is posted on the Healthy Living website and at www.myfirstrewards.com. Interested employees should contact Tammy Sacchini, Wellness Coordinator, at 401-203-0127 or email@example.com for more information.